Flailhead MP 120 - 160
- Double spiral rotor with many advantages
- Strong rotor bearings
- 150 mm rear roller
- Double deck
- Adjustable front hood
Flail mower attachment for excavator and tractor
Innovative solutions and years of experience is behind the development of Spearhead's flailhead. Perfect cutting results and low maintenance costs are the result. The flail mower attachments have a working width between 1.2 and 1.6 m and can handle branches up to 35 mm in thickness. The flail mowers of the MP series can be attached to excavator or tractors through a reach arm.
You can choose freely between a variety of flails that are specifically designed for hedge and branch cutting, grass mowing or rough terrain with stones.
1. Double spiral rotor
- Better quality finish
- Faster forward mowing speed
- Uniform flow, rotor load and cut
- Less power requirement and longer lifespan
2. Strong rotor bearings
- Special lubrication system where the grease is pressed from the inside through the strong bearings
3. 150 mm rear roller
- Replaceable bearing housings with large diameter (large slide areas)
- Dual bearings with inside lubrication
- Rear roller bracket is centered on the rotor center. This always allows the shortest distance from flails to the rear roller
(flails cleans the rear roller)
4. Double deck
- Strong construction
- No external dents
- Replaceable inner shield
5. Adjustable front hood
- Equipped with rubber flap kit, front and rear
6. Hydraulic drive
- Motor with anti-cavitation valve
- Optional choice of belt or direct drive.
The Flailhead series fit the following GreenTec and Spearhead machines:
|MP 90||MP 120||MP 150||MP 160|
|Tecnical data||MP 120||MP 150||MP 160|
|Working width||1.20 m||1.5 m||1.6 m|
|Total width (Belt drive)||1.5 m||1.8 m||1.9 m|
|Total width (Direct drive)||1.6 m||1.9 m||-|
|Number of flails||28 pcs||36 pcs||40 pcs|
|Weight||340 kg||380 kg||410 kg|
|60 HP motor (Twiga MID)||Option||Option||-|
|80 HP motor (Twiga FLEX, COMBI og ORBITAL)||Option||Option||Option|
|85 HP motor (Twiga PRO)||Option||Option||Option|
|Hydraulic height adjustment||Ekstra||Ekstra||-|
|Rubber rear roller||Ekstra||Ekstra|
FREE CHOICE OF FLAILS ADAPTED TO CONDITIONS AND TYPE OF WORK
C FLAIL (standard):
Recommended for light hedge trimming (3-4 cm) and grass mowing. Leaves a perfect cut.
T FLAIL (free option):
Recommended for hedge cutting 6-7 cm, reduced capacity in grass.
L FLAIL (free option):
Boot flail mounted in shackles. Recommended for areas with lots of stone along with hedge and branches.
Y FLAIL (free option):
Back to back flail. Recommende for rough and stony terrain, where cutting quality is of little or no importance. Large capacity but cutting of poorer quality.
NORDIC FLAIL (free option):
Good for light hedge trimming (3-4 cm) and grass mowing. Leaves a perfect cut.